Monday, February 22, 2010

mending pile

Am I the only one who saves up all the off cuts from the elastic and sews them together when I am desperate to finish the school boys uniform?
Said uniform. Grey. And its a mufti school. Don't say its sad. Its easy. Practical. Loving.
Kindy boy gets some new get up too. Dark green denim Donkey Pants and another Beanie.

Patches on play pants. Apparently needing fruit to make it look more photogenic.
There is still a small mountain of a mending/finishing pile to conquer yet.

2 comments:

Jessicah said...

One of the matrons at my high school boarding house had a saying I will oneday make a sampler from.... "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." it's neat you are able to make the uniform!

gretchen said...

thats a goodie! and what were the 4 R's again..I remember you telling us girls back in craft group days... reduce, reuse, recycle... repair?