Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Wabby"

I busted up another pair of gloves and made Rabbit as a temporary friend for Dog. 
Dog is leaving us once my brothers first child makes its debut. The kids and I were growing increasingly attached to Dog and needed a replacement in the wings to soften the blow of adopting him out.

My 1.8 year old wee girl who is earnestly trying out new consonants calls her "Wabby".
You can see more of these glove animals here. Both were made from this book.

Dog will be presented alongside this merino sleeping sack I made in a newborn size, which is in a beautiful apple/sage green.
My kids lived in these when they were freshly hatched and being a one piece with the draw string makes the frequent nappy changing of a newborn a breeze. Oh I am excited about a new baby, one that's not actually mine but the closest next best thing to it. Go gushy first time Auntie!

Wabby has red embroidery stitching on her ears and a cute as widdle bunny tail.  She does look a widdle wonesome tho... I think I may need to make her a new boyfriend. Mr Bear perhaps?

3 comments:

Jessicah said...

{{LOVE}} the sleepy sack. The perfect colour for a new little baby. And the sock toys are great too!

gretchen said...

thanks Jess, yes the apple green and chocolate/mocha colours always work well when the gender is unknown. And red and I think black is beautiful if its teamed with other colours. The glove toys are proving addictive!

Stasa Dailianis said...

wow Gretch - Ryan is having/had a baby!!?? How fun - you will be the best aunty :o)