Thursday, October 14, 2010

studio happenings

Hello!
The wee sun room that has been my sewing room for the last few years is very chaotic of late.
It's generally a fairly well organized place and I usually pride myself on putting everything back where it belongs -otherwise I wouldn't be able to move or turn around in there and I would forever be standing/sitting on rogue pins!
But currently I am in the throws of sewing up a storm for the Steiner School Fair and things are spilled out everywhere and there doesn't seem much point in putting it all back until I am completely finished.
There is also something wonderfully freeing and quite inspiring to see a myriad of colour and combinations laid out everywhere- accessible to the eye in ways it isn't normally. I think a bit of intentional creative mess is my favourite (and only permissible) kind.


you can always tell how busy I've been by the state of my cottons...
a randomly scattered inspiration board...
a getting fuller rack...


...how much more can I stack and stuff in there??!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A busy studio is a happy studio, I say! Good luck with all the work :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gretchen, looks like you have been working hard towards the Steiner Fair this weekend - I might see you there - I need some girl's clothes...baby due in 5 weeks and I haven't bought anything! Cindy (from doll-making course)