Monday, November 15, 2010

blooming heck!

Bring back BLOOMERS! It's a blooming revolution... a revival... a hankering back to 'The Little House on The Prairie" perhaps...
I for one would like to see a little more modesty regarding girls undergarments.
For practicality's sake - I'm not talking corsets and white gloves, but enough coverage and prettiness so young girls can play freely whilst maintaining decorum.

soooo.... I've been sewing a LOT of them...
I've discovered I think they look quite sporty with leggings underneath (also practical if your lass is riding her bike on a cooler day and to avoid her trousers getting caught up in the chain) Leggings alone tend to look a bit dance, ballet, fame inspired but if you put the bloomers on over the top, I reckon they get this whole new funky street look going on. A pair under dresses and skirts is perfect and worn with sandals and sneakers they look just like frilly shorts. Also sweet for the little ones as a nappy cover like no other!
Have you seen those elasticated shelf bras available in toddler sizes? Why do people put their- still-only -a -child-daughters in bikinis? don't get me started... modesty folks... I'm bringing it back...

The out takes for this shoot were HILARIOUS by the way... 2 boys reluctantly wearing bloomers - one with his extremely skinny scared and very knobbly knees, the other podgy one
laughing like a hyena.


Available in a few fabric options and in sizes 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 from my shop and at the upcoming UTRV Christmas shop (upstairs) from December 10th onwards or email me direct gretchenATimotion.co.nz

1 comment:

Michele @ The Hills are Alive said...

Lots of cuteness. These are ace! do you make them in grown up mumma sizes so I can hang upside down on the roman rings or monkey bars without flashing my knickernoos